COVID-19 Community Partner Information
- Barton College – All members of the Barton community remain virus-free.
Remote instruction begins Friday, March 20. Remote instruction will continue through the remainder of the academic school year. The graduation ceremony will be postponed and May graduates will be invited to “walk” during the December graduation ceremony.
Students who have off-campus placements such as nursing clinicals should consult with their deans about the continuance of those placements during the pause in instruction.
College offices are operating on normal schedules.
- Department of Social Services – Operating with stringent cleaning measures.
- Wilson Community College -All buildings are closed on campus, classes continue online. Plese continue to check you Wilson CC email for important updates from WCC President Tim Wright. There are currently no identified or presumptive cases of Coronavirus (COVID-19) on our campus.
- Wilson Medical Center – Screening Hotline 252-399-7068
Effective March 11, Wilson Medical Center has implemented a screening hotline for those who are concerned about being exposed to COVID-19 or are experiencing mild symptoms (respiratory illness, fever, etc.). The hotline is in place to provide education and encourage people to stay home if they are sick in order to prevent the further spread of illness. The hotline will be available Monday through Friday, 8 am – 5 pm.
- Wilson County Chamber of Commerce – We continue to wish all of our members well during this unprecedented event, and trust that you will call us if we can be of assistance to you. In the meantime, be aware that the US Small Business Administration is making available Economic Injury Disaster Loans to businesses and nonprofits in Wilson, and across the state. These low-interest loans have minimal eligibility requirements and flexible terms. Any of you suffering from financial hardship are encouraged to see this FACT SHEET or visit https://disasterloan.sba.gov/ela/Information/Index for more information. If you have any questions or concerns, our office remains open with some modifications. Visits are by appointment only. Please call us at 252-237-0165.